“Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand - and melting like a snowflake.”
- Francis Bacon

Thursday, January 01, 2009

A New Year, full of promise and wonder

New Years MySpace Comments and Graphics

Strange, it was the end of the year that inspired me to take on new challenges, change some old habits, nourish my creative side that had been on the back burner and to just jump in with both feet first learning new things and taking the chance that I would fail. You'd think that I would have begun last year making changes, but, nope, not me, did it at the end of the year instead. Sometimes I felt as though I was playing "beat the clock" because the end of the year was creeping up on me, but plod on I did, and I am so happy that I kept my goals in sight.

One of the new things I tried last year was blogging and, I must say, it's fun! I had read My Romantic Home for a couple of years and always thought that Cindy was so creative and imaginative and inspiring. Every now and then I'd pop over to her blog to see what she had been up to and I'd think to myself that I'd love to have a blog but I didn't know if I'd be able to create one that I would be proud to say was mine. (I'm a very fussy person.)

But in June of last year I happened to discover a diet site, SparkPeople. I needed something, but I didn't know what at the time, that would hold me accountable and to help my lose weight that I had put on due to inactivity from an illness and from quitting smoking. Over at Sparks members received a blog page along with the FREE membership. Didn't know if I wanted to do something like blogging but decided that I had nothing to lose. Well, I got hooked, but still wasn't confident enough to generate a blog that would be more exposed.

After six months of blogging on Sparks, and loving it, I decided to just "do it" and I produced what you see before you. I do have to say that it sure is an experience; one that takes a lot of patience, exploration, and humility, yes, a little of that, too. I still have so, so much to learn, but I'm on my way and as Martha would say, "It's a good thing". I am just amazed at the volume of blogs that have been created by some very informative, sweet, and generous people. Sharing, it seems, is a given. I like that because I have always been someone who shares, believing that whatever you give away comes back to you one hundred times over.

Either today, or tomorrow, I'll be trying something new for me. I'm going to share a product that I use all the time and couldn't live without in my kitchen. It's one of those things that you tell your friends about and when you do, you sound like a paid commercial.

Happy New Year, it's going to be special, I can feel it in my heart.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Ohhhh, thank you so much! I'm so happy I inspired you to start you blog! Blogging has been so much fun for me!

I also put on weight after I quit smoking (3 or 4 years ago) and I still haven't been able to get it off!

I hope you have a wonderful New Year!!!

SULLIVAN' WORKSHOP said...

Boy, you've been busy. My bog looks pretty spartan, but I'm a guy. How many guys blog anyway. Good job! I'm getting ideas to spruce up my blog from yours. It'll be nice to check in and see what your up to.

Dave