“Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand - and melting like a snowflake.”
- Francis Bacon

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Don't throw the baby birds out with the bath water - or - repurpose that old sink in the garage!

You just have to hand it to my friend, Sherry. She is one of those people who loves to garden and loves to decorate and loves to repurpose, reuse and recycle. She sure won the prize with this bird bath! A purchase of only $5.00 netted her this pedestal sink. A little time in her crafting room produced the bird bath sign. Some elbow grease got the sink in place. And, there you have it! I've seen bath tubs flipped on their side for a shrine to the Holy Mother and toilets filled with petunias, but this takes the cake of soap and a bag of chips!

10 comments:

black eyed susans kitchen said...

How clever is that? I have seen toilet bowls made into flower pots, and bed frames in the middle of flower beds, but this is really just darling. She also has a great sense of whimsy.
♥, Susan

Debbi said...

wow. what a great idea!

Four Paws and Co said...

Very ingenious & oh so cute! ☺ Diane

Eclectic Chic Style said...

That really does look adorable.
♥ Teresa

Lisa said...

Super great IDEA!! Thanks for sharing with us!
Hugs, Lisa

Wendy said...

I absolutely love it!! So creative and original. I take my hat off to her.
Thanks for sharing.

Sonia said...

It looks so cute I love it...

Lori said...

Oh Mimi
She most certainly deserves a prize! Don't those Blessed Mother in a tubs crack you up when you see them? Do the birds use the sink? Have some fun today for me in MI, wish I was there! I am so craving spinach quiche from Wicks Apple House in Dowagiac! Ever been there? Love,Lori

Claudia said...

I admire people who are original.

There arent many of those are there?

Besides... maybe she could share her "chips!"

Thanks for sharing.

TTFN~~Claudia

Abby Lanes said...

That is so pretty and such a fabulous idea!
~Abby