“Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand - and melting like a snowflake.”
- Francis Bacon

Monday, November 02, 2009

♥Join me in celebrating 30 Days of Thanksgiving♥



One of my favorite blog buddies, Corgidogmama, is sharing over the next thirty days the things she is thankful for in her life. In wanting to wind down from the summer and transition into our holiday season, I've decided to take the journey with her.



Take a stroll over to Keeping up with the Tatums. I had never been there before but in blogland, that is entirely understandable. There are so many interesting places to go and wonderful blogs to read that ten life-times wouldn't be enough to digest all of the remarkable eye and soul candy in cyberspace. Go read and if you wish, join in and celebrate 30 Days of Thanksgiving. So, without much ado, I will begin my list. I hope to share at least five blessings each day, possibly more.

I am thankful for:
  1. Miss Camille Suzanne, my whipped cream white kitty. Her looks alone make her a wonder in my life but add to that her l♥ve for me and you have a purr-fect package.
  2. My warm home that shelters me from all of the rain and cold we are experiencing in northern Michigan this fall. It was a cold summer and fall isn't much better.
  3. The new Bible I just opened today with it's crisp pages and that new book smell. There's just something about the aroma of those new pages waiting to be read and explored.
  4. The new bottle of old-fashioned Jergen's hand lotion that is sitting next to my kitchen sink. There are more trendy scents, but that time honored and well-worn cherry almond has been a favorite of mine for years. It reminds me of my mother's kitchen and a much simpler time in my life.
  5. The little basket of Smartees candies sitting on my counter. My son l♥ves those things and so do the grandsons. It makes me smile and gives me a warm fuzzy to see them unwrap those little candies to enjoy - my boys - a big one and three little ones - all my boys.
Think about joining us. Travel through your memories and tender thoughts bringing to the surface a thankful heart reminding you about what the coming season is truly about and why it is so important.

9 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi MiMi!
What a beautiful post of thankfulness. Just precious. I love reading them, and I have read several just today. Thank you for sharing with me this morning.

Did your box ever arrive? I never did hear from you, and I have been gone, just now getting back out and about. I hope you were pleased with it, and that some of those decorations will adorn your Fall house decorations.

Take care sweet friend. Country hugs and love, Sherry

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mimi for sharing your gratitude for the things you love. I am doing a challenge with Leach at South Bend Farm. I am so proud we are all so into the real meaning of Thanksgiving it gives me hope for our country. This is also my birthday month and I am combining two things on my posts. A shout out to all my followers, two a day. You will pop up since I am using my followers list.
QMM

Anonymous said...

The list of participants on the Thanksgiving Challenge I am in is at http://southbendfarm.blogspot. com. If you go to my blog and click on that address it will take you to the list. You make your post and then go to her Mr. Linky and there will be a place for you to put your name. The shout out to my followers is my own idea for my gift back to others. It is not something that you need to do.
Thanks for your visit dear gal.Oh by the way go put your name on my followers list, please. I cannot put my picture up because Google is acting up, for me, right now. But I am following your blog.
Qmm

Finding Pam said...

Hi Mimi, Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my gratitude post.

You have wonderfully written your gratitude list today. Coming from an attitude of gratitude really increases my joy and awareness of how blessed we all are.

Your blog is lovely. It is very nice to meet you.

Blessings,
Pam

Crystal said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love reading your Thankfulness list! I have a small travel size bottle of Jergen's Original in my purse! It reminds me of my Great Grandmother! She use to keep a bottle next to her kitchen sink too! :)

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

Your mention of Jergen's lotion brought a smile to my face. I use it every time I get out of the shower. That cherry almond smell always makes me think of my childhood and my paternal grandmother because she always had a bottle of it in her bathroom.

Sandi McBride said...

I'm finding it fun to think of all the things I'm thankful for...love your list!
Sandi

Knitty said...

Thank you for stopping by. Isn't it fun meeting new bloggers through the thankfulness posts that so many are running?

Betty said...

OMG...this is just what I needed today. I have so much to be thankful for and need to get off the pity train. I had a few extra minutes and started to scan some blogs. I'll try and keep up!