“Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand - and melting like a snowflake.”
- Francis Bacon

Saturday, November 21, 2009

☺Saturday blessings = a thankful ♥ times three☺



The three grandsons spent the night last night. We do this often because there are times when I need just a few more hugs and a few more kisses and a few more minutes with each of them - more than when their parents are around☺ So, today's list is composed of things that I am thankful for with those little boys in mind:
  1. Dinner plates in primary colors. I have a set for the boys, along with matching flatware, that is used when I have them here for a meal. They remind me that the world is full of colors, not just the more subtle ones in my home, but loaded with bright hues that make you smile just looking at them!
  2. Chocolate milk. Little boys ♥ chocolate milk. Not being the mommy or daddy I get to indulge them with something that they don't see often at home. 
  3. Donuts. Covered with frosting and littered with colored sprinkles in the top, the are a great accessory to the chocolate milk in the morning or for a snack at night.
  4. Eyes that smile. My oldest grandson, Joe, smiles with his eyes. Now that he's getting a little older (11) sometimes it isn't all that cool to smile and giggle like the younger boys but I know when I've said something funny because his eyes smile - and when they smile they twinkle like stars in the midnight sky.
  5. Cartoons. As a rule, I never, ever watch those anymore. But I now have a new appreciation for sitting in the family room with three little boys who own my heart watching Saturday morning cartoons.
I'm taking part in an exercise during the month of November to list the blessings that encourage us give thanks. Take a peek on my sidebar. There are a couple of buttons that will take you to the blogs that are sponsoring this event. Believe me - when you do this, it really puts life into a more clear perspective.

5 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Mimi, this is so sweet. I loved reading this, and those are some wonderful things for which to be thankful.

Just dropped by to wish you a Happy Pink Saturday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Zuzana said...

Wonderful; I love chocolate milk.;) Too bad donuts are not readily available here, as I used to love those.;)
Hope you are having a lovely weekend,
xo
Zuzana

Finding Pam said...

I can't think of a better way to spend Sat. than with grandchildren. Mine live so far away that I get to see them twice a year.

Thank you for sharing with us today.

Lynn said...

aawwww, so sweet.
It just doesn't get any better, does it!

bp said...

That's so sweet! I think it is a wonderful reason to watch cartoons!!