“Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand - and melting like a snowflake.”
- Francis Bacon

Friday, November 27, 2009

☺Seven Thanksgiving blessings on the 27th☺



How many blessings do I have to share with you today? How about seven - all of my grandchildren + my two sons + my daughters-in-law. Both of my sons married wonderful girls (now women) who happened to l♥ve children. As a result, I was blessed with six little boys and one little girl to rock and to kiss and to hug and to snuggle. The oldest is now twelve and the youngest two, so I think that I am pretty much at the end of the road when it comes to welcoming babies into my family - but what a journey it was and is and will be in the coming years.

The photos you see are at my son, Jeff's home the evening before Thanksgiving. The children were busy making graham cracker houses to decorate with candy pieces; however, just as much of the candy went into little tummies as did on their creations.

Jeff, my youngest son, felt that he should tutor the kids on the finer points of how to toss candy into the air and catch it in your mouth. His brother, Dave (upper right) was giving technical direction much like an air traffic controller☺

Of course, once the little houses were all decorated, several of the children felt that it was important to try their hand at "candy basketball" along with their uncle and daddy. The children didn't score too many "baskets" but the dogs l♥ved the game snuffling up the candy off the floor as soon at it landed.

7 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning MiMi...
I am so tickled to pop over this morning and see the wonderful pictures of your grandkids and 2 sons. They are just precious.

I too have (7) grandchildren ..#8 due in June. Mine range in age from 14 - 2. They are just about the same ages.

Looks like a GREAT time together was had by all.

Love your Christmas look. So festive and yes I love snow and snowmen.

Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Sounds like a fantabulous way to spend your holiday. The graham cracker houses are adorable. What fun they all must have had. And the daddies as well. HA! Blessings to you, :) Tammy

Lisa said...

What true blessings! I am so glad you were all together on Thanksgiving! Glad you had a great one!
Hugs, Lisa

Finding Pam said...

Mimi, you have a beautiful family and I enjoyed reading about them.
You are indeed blessed.

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

Wonderful in everyway!
Wanted to stop by and wish you a belated but heartfelt blessed Thankgiving weekend!
With Love from the Cabin!,
Claudia O.

Carolyn said...

Mimi
thanks for stopping by my blog and for your concern. I've been having problems with my wrist and hand. Maybe carpel tunnel??? Any way I thought, I'd take a break and give it a rest. Also, the holidays have kept me quite busy!
I love the pics of your Thanksgiving! I too have two sons also. It's wonderful having the family together for the holidays. I love the pic of your oldest grandson reading to the other children. You are blessed!!
I love blogging. I hope to start back in January. Please stop by again.
Blessings to your Christmas season

Zuzana said...

What a lovely family! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, but these pictures are a true proof of that fact.;)
xo
Zuzana