“Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand - and melting like a snowflake.”
- Francis Bacon

Monday, December 14, 2009

♥Salty Ghirardelli Chocolate Pecan Bark♥

These are GOOD and I mean REALLY GOOD! Generally I will make a double batch - one to keep and one to gift. But, sometimes I keep both of them - shhhh, don't tell anyone

Ingredients

1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
3 (4-oz.) bars bittersweet chocolate baking bars
3 (4-oz.) white chocolate baking bars
1 teaspoon coarse sea salt*

Preparation

1. Place pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet.

2. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted.

3. Line a 17- x 12-inch jelly-roll pan with parchment paper. Break each chocolate bar into 8 equal pieces. (You will have 48 pieces total.) Arrange in a checkerboard pattern in jelly-roll pan, alternating white and dark chocolate. (Pieces will touch.)

4. Bake at 225° for 5 minutes or just until chocolate is melted. Remove pan to a wire rack. Swirl chocolates into a marble pattern using a wooden pick. Sprinkle evenly with toasted pecans and salt.

5. Chill 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 month.

*3/4 tsp. kosher salt may be substituted.

Note: I used Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bars and Ghirardelli White Chocolate Baking Bars; however, others may be substituted.

7 comments:

Beverly said...

Okay, I'm drooling over this one. I wish I had a piece right now. I'll have to add these ingredients to my grocery list.

Thanks for sharing.

bj said...

Can't wait to do this...am on my way to the store..will get ingredients and when I get it made, will show and tell..and link back to you.
Thanks for all the great recipes...
MERRY CHRISTMAS..bj

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm.... Sounds yummy!!
Merry Christmas!
Love,
Marilyn

Zuzana said...

I get crazy hungry when i visit your place.;) It all looks so delicious, you take the most amazing pictures of food.;)
xo
Zuzana

CC said...

Oh my!!!! I can't wait to make this. It sounds delicious. Yummmmmmm. Thank you so much for the recipe...
Merry Christmas..

crochet lady said...

You make the best treats! Everything always looks so yummy!

Lucy said...

My mouth is watering!